How to Remove Viruses Manually
Almost every PC user around the world faces problem of computer virus. Most opt for the easiest solution, which is to run the anti virus program for removing virus from computer. However, it is possible to remove certain viruses manually too. If you want to know how to remove viruses manually, read on:
It becomes necessary to immediately rid your computer of the virus if your anti virus program has been disabled and you are unable to access the Internet. For this, you must first take a back up of your system before proceeding to alter processes, registry entries, and files.
1. As the first step, press “Ctrl” + “Alt” + “Delete”.
2. This should be followed by clicking on “Task Manager” and “Processes” tab.
3. All processes related to the virus must be ended by selecting “End Process” after right-clicking on it.
4. In order to identify the list of virus-related processes to be deleted, you must first type into the 411 Spyware search box, the name of the virus. Alternately, you can go to the Process Library website and type the process name to find out if it is related to the virus you are dealing with.
For successful virus removal, you must now delete all the files that are infected by following these steps –
1. After clicking on the “Start” menu, click on the box that says “Search Programs and Files”.
2. The next step is to delete all virus infected files after locating them through the Process Library website or 411 Spyware Search Box.
The next step is to locate the DLL files and delete the infected ones –
. For this, press “R” after holding the Windows Key down to open the “Run” box.
. In the “Run” box, type “cmd” without quotation marks and click “OK” to open the Command Prompt.
. In the Command Prompt, press “Enter” after typing without quotation marks “regsvr32/u SampleDLLName.dll”. You must replace “SampleDLLName.dll” with virus associated file name Dynamic Link Library or DLL. This information can again be accessed by typing into the 411 Spyware search box the name of the virus.
To completely remove virus from computer, it is necessary to delete infected registry entries by following the steps given below:
. Press “R” by holding the Windows key down.
. Without using quotation marks, type “regedit” in the “Run” box before clicking “OK” to open the Registry Editor.
. Right-click on the registry and select “Delete” option to remove all infected registry entries. You can identify virus associated registry entries with the help of the 411 Spyware search box.
If you find it difficult to perform above steps, you can call an expert pc repair company to handle this job. Other than helping you to remove virus from your computer, a pc repair company can provide you an expert guidance on computer optimization, software support, browser and peripheral support, and data back up services. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with a pc repair company today!
Thank You For Reading This How To Tutorial!
I always provide the source link to the inspiration-content. If you find any copyright infringement content or have any question/query regarding the blog, email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love address your queries at the earliest possible.