How to Fix "Wlanapi Dll" Errors on Your Windows PC
Wlanapi.dll is a file used by Windows to control the wireless network settings for your computer. It was introduced into later versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista; and has been designed to help your computer connect to a wireless network and / or computers via a wireless network. This DLL file is essential for use with your computer, but unfortunately, it’s also one of the biggest causes of errors for Windows as well.
Wlanapi.dll causes a series of different errors including:
- The module Regsvr32 C:WindowsSystem32wlanapi.dll was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that Regsvr32 C:WindowsSystem32wlanapi.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.”
- “The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.”
- “Wlanapi.dll was not found”
How To Fix Wlanapi.dll Errors
1) If you are running Windows XP, then you should download the KB918997 update from the Microsoft website. This is a fix for the wlanapi.dll error on XP.
2) If you are using XP SP3, you may find that the wlanapi.dll error suddenly appears after upgrading to the new service pack. This is because SP3 actually overwrites the file that a third-party wireless driver may rely on to function. To fix this, you should reinstall the wireless driver for your PC.
3) If you’re seeing the error in Windows Vista, you should look to “register” the DLL on your computer. This is done by opening up the command prompt and then typing “regsvr32 wlanapi.dll” to make sure that your computer is able to register the dll file.
4) You should also clean out any viruses that could be causing this problem by using an antivirus program on your PC. It’s often the case that viruses will infect the wlanapi.dll file on your computer because it’s what Windows uses to connect to the Internet. In order to make sure that it’s not causing any problems, you need to clean out any potential viruses from your system immediately.
5) It’s also highly recommended to clean out the ‘registry’ of your PC with a registry cleaner. A registry cleaner is a software program that scans through the registry database of Windows and fixes any of the damaged or corrupt settings that are inside it. The registry is basically where Windows keeps all the settings and options that it needs to run. However, the registry is also a big cause of.dll problems on your PC thanks to the way in which the dll files are kept inside your system. The registry database keeps a large list of.dll files in your computer which programs can read and load up when they need. Unfortunately, this list often becomes damaged and unreadable, causing your computer to be unable to read the files it needs to run, causing these errors. To fix this, you should look at using a registry cleaner to fix the possible problems inside the registry database.
Thank You For Reading This How To Tutorial!
I always provide the source link to the inspiration-content. If you find any copyright infringement content or have any question/query regarding the blog, email me directly at email@example.com. I would love address your queries at the earliest possible.